Performing Arts Fellowship: Who is eligible & how to apply
Who is eligible?
Qualified candidates will be experienced physical therapists meeting the following requirements:
1. Licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of New York
2. A minimum of two years of clinical practice in orthopedics
3. Eligible candidates should have completed either an accredited orthopedic or sports residency program, or should be board eligible or board certified in orthopedic or sports physical therapy
4. Professional behaviors demonstrating interest in working with performing artists
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply. Initial applications will be screened and the most promising candidates will be selected for interviews.
Applicants are required to submit the following items:
1. Application form
2. An essay (500 to 1000 words) describing their career plans in the area of performing arts medicine. Include a statement of clinical and research interests and experience, as well as the key areas of focus that might be pursued during the fellowship period. Please specifically describe what you hope to gain from completing this fellowship.
3. Three letters of reference
4. Copy of your physical therapy license
5. Professional resume
6. Performing arts resume
7. Current photo.
Finalists will be interviewed prior to acceptance into the fellowship program.
All applications are reviewed by the admissions committee. Applicants considered suitable candidates are asked to interview with the Program Director and Clinical Director. After interviews are completed, the admissions committee reviews the applicants and offers the fellowship to the best candidate. The desired candidate is asked to respond to the offer within one week.
Questions may be addressed to the Fellowship's director:
Laurel Daniels Abbruzzese
Director, Performing Arts Physical Therapy Fellowship
Georgian Building, 3rd Fl.
617 W. 168th St.
New York, NY 10032