Annual Core Survey
The VP&S Office for Research performs an annual survey to evaluate the need, effectiveness, and quality of shared research facilities at Columbia. The survey is distributed to researchers across CU campuses, including faculty members, staff scientists, postdocs, and graduate students. The survey is designed to elicit helpful feedback for shared research facilities to improve their existing services and evaluate the need for new services to enable cutting-edge scientific research projects.
The 2019 survey
- Received responses from over 450 researchers across the CUIMC, Manhattanville, and Morningside campuses
- Collected opinions on 59 shared resources
- Found high levels of satisfaction with current shared resources
- Identified new services that could enhance the utility of specific cores
- Gathered suggestions to improve the publicity and utilization of shared research facilities
Facility-specific evaluations are distributed to the directors and managers of each shared resource. General conclusions from the survey are available to CUIMC-affiliates using the link below. CU researchers not able to login using this link can obtain the general report by contacting us.
If you have suggestions for the next survey, or would like your shared research facility to be included, please let us know.