To facilitate grant submissions, the Office for Research has cultivated a variety of resources to help investigators assemble their proposals. To obtain access to the resources listed below, please email the Office for Research.
Grant Starter Kit
The “Grant Starter Kit” has checklists and primers for components of the grant that are not the core components, the Specific Aims, nor the Research Strategy. Please realize that these templates are a guide and they should be altered to fit the proposal.
- Checklists for NIH center grants, fellowships, career development awards, and individual investigator awards
- Letter of Intent
- Cover Letter: individual investigator
- Cover Letter: MPI
- MPI Plan
- Vertebrate Animals (NIH)
- Human Subjects (NIH)
- Budget Justification: non-modular
- Budget Justification: personnel only
- Material for K awards (e.g. Institutional Environment template, Responsible Conduct of Research, etc.)
- NIH Review Criteria at a Glance
- Consolidated List of NIH Reviewer Documents
Facilities and Resources Bank
This tool has blurbs on departments, centers, institutes, core/shared facilities, scientific initiatives, and institutional resources that can enhance your application. Please email the Office for Research to request write-ups of a particular resource.
The Office for Research has obtained permission to share a variety of previously funded grants from unusual NIH mechanisms. Please email the Office for Research for more information. In addition, NIH has sample grants to help researchers prepare their R01s: