K Award Workshop (K Club)
The NIH Career Development (K) Award Workshop, K Club, is designed to provide practical resources (i.e. checklists, timelines, helpdesk etc.) to ensure applicants are staying on target to meet the submission deadline. K Club will provide direction and strategy for assembling the application and will guide the applicant in collaborating with their mentors to develop the career development plan and research strategy.
Participants will be able to understand the components of a NIH Career Development Award and the key elements that compose a strong application. At the end of the program, all applicants will be equipped to submit a complete application to the NIH institute of their choice.
K Club will meet three times in the nine weeks leading up until the deadline, and each session will focus on different aspects of grant. Two dates are offered for each session and participants may attend either the Monday or Thursday session. The sessions will be open discussion, small group format. Participants will have the opportunity to share documents with the instructors for review and to set-up individual meetings as needed.
How to Apply:
Interested VP&S junior faculty members or postdoctoral scientists/resesearch associate scientists must apply in order to partcipate. A sign-up link will be avaliable on this site during the times listed below and will be circualted via email to the appropriate eligible parties.
- For the February 12th/March 12th deadlines, sign-up is at the end of October with the first session typically held the last week of November.
- For the June 12th/July 12th deadlines, sign-up is at the beginning of March with the first session typically held the first week of April.
- For the October 12th/November 12th deadlines, sign-up is at the end of June with the first session typically held the last week of July.
Please note that sign-up for the October 2019 K Club is now closed.
February 2020 K Club Workshop dates are below. A sign-up button will become avalible at the end of October.
- Session 1: Monday, December 2nd or Thursday, December 5th from 12-1p
- Session 2: Thursday, January 6th or Monday, January 9th from 12-1p
- Session 3: Monday, January 13th or Thursday, January 16th from 12-1p
Please refer to the VP&S Office for Research Grant Starter Kit for checklists, templates, examples, and helpful links.
Questions about K Club? Email the VP&S Office for Research.