Rami Said, PT, DPT, Meng
Rami M. Said, PT, DPT, MEng is the Director of the Columbia University Physical Therapy Faculty Practice in Tarrytown and an Instructor of Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. As a Board-Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist, he specializes in delivering individualized physical therapy treatment to patients of all ages with a wide range of musculoskeletal, sports, and spine injuries in order to maximize function, improve quality of life, and restore the participation of recreational, functional, or professional activities. As an Instructor of Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine for the Doctoral Program in Physical Therapy, he participates in the instruction of Gross Anatomy, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Orthopedics, and Sports Rehabilitation. His areas of interests include creating a movement-based injury risk profile for athletes of different sports, the utilization of technology to assess biomechanical forces and stress applied to the body during therapeutic exercise, and the delivery of physical therapy education.
Dr. Said received his Bachelor & Master of Engineering degrees from The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science & Art, with a focus in Biomechanics. He received his Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy from Columbia University, where he was awarded the Mary Callahan Award for Academic and Clinical Excellence in Physical Therapy. While attending Columbia University, Dr. Said was the recipient of the coveted Mary McMillan Award, which is awarded by the American Physical Therapy Association to the most promising physical therapy students in the nation. He currently maintains membership in the American Physical Therapy Association and the Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy Sections.
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Elbow Pain
- Foot and Ankle Injuries
- Hip Injuries
- Knee Injuries
- Neck and Back Pain
- Shoulder Injury
- Instructor in Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine (Physical Therapy)
- Director of Columbia Physical Therapy - Tarrytown (Faculty Practice)
Schedule an Appointment
Credentials & Experience
Honors & Awards
- Marquis Who’s Who in America (2013)
- American Physical Therapy Association, Mary McMillan Scholarship Award (2007)
- Columbia University, Mary E. Callaghan Award (2007)
- New York Physical Therapy Association, Participation Award (2007)
- Said RM, Bevelaqua AC. Benign Vascular Malformation at the Ischial Tuberosity. JOSPT. 2016;46(7):607.
- Said RM, Johnson EK, Roh EY. The Relationship Between Golf Swing Trunk Rotation Biomechanics and Low Back Pain in Golfers. Spine Line. 2013;14(5):21-26.