The class is divided into eight groups of 18–20 students who rotate together through all clerkships over the course of the Major Clinical Year:
- Medicine (6 weeks at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, 4 weeks at an affiliated hospital)
- Neurology, neurosurgery, and ophthalmology (6 weeks)
- Obstetrics and gynecology (5 weeks)
- Pediatrics and otolaryngology (6 weeks)
- Primary care (5 weeks)
- Psychiatry (5 weeks)
- Surgery and anesthesiology (6 weeks)
- Subspecialties (1 week each):
- Selective (emergency medicine, radiology, radiation oncology, dermatology, palliative care, rehabilitation medicine, spinal cord injury)
Columbia-Bassett students participate in a yearlong longitudinal integrated clerkship.
Some students will rotate through a 12-week "mini" longitudinal integrated clerkship including medicine, primary care, and subspecialties.