Visiting Student Program
Visiting students are eligible for electives at CUMC if they meet all the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in their final year of medical school at one of the following:
- Ben Gurion University,
- International Exchange Affiliation (must be pre-approved by home school),
- LCME-accredited school in the US/Canada,
- Osteopathic school, or
- Sackler School of Medicine New York Program.
- Completed at least 4-6 core clerkships in Internal Medicine, Surgery, and 2 other specialties (including the elective specialty in which they are applying, where available).
Eligibility for specific electives is denoted in the OASIS catalog for Visiting Students.
Elective Application Instructions
All eligible visiting students will use OASIS to submit their application. Please register and follow the instructions within the application portal here. Note that requirements vary slightly depending on student level.
- Part A: Confirmation of Eligibility
- Register with OASIS based on your student group, and complete Steps 1-4.
- Part B: Institutional Review
- Required application documents include, but are not limited to: your signed Part A and Immunization form, CV, Official Transcript, Photo, and etc.
- Decisions will be made around 4-6 weeks prior to start of desired elective month(s).
Application & Decision Timelines
|Desired Month||Opening Date||Part A Submission Deadline||Decisions Made (Estimate)|
|January 2019||11/1/18||11/15/18||Last week of Nov 2018|
|February 2019||11/1/18||12/14/18||mid-December 2018|
|March 2019||Not available to visiting students.|
|April 2019||Not available to visiting students.|
|May 2019||2/1/19||3/1/19||mid-March 2019|
|June 2019||2/1/19||4/1/19||mid-April 2019|
|July 2019||2/1/19||5/1/19||mid-May 2019|
|August 2019||2/1/19||6/3/19||mid-June 2019|
|September 2019||2/1/19||7/1/19||mid-July 2019|
|October 2019||2/1/19||8/1/19||mid-August 2019|
|November 2019||7/1/2019||9/3/19||mid-September 2019|
|December 2019||7/1/2019||10/1/2019||mid-October 2019|
P&S Electives Schedule
Please review our UserVoice article on scheduling and start dates.
Visiting Student Catalog
Explore the Visiting Student Course Catalog on Oasis.
Visiting Student FAQ
For additional information, explore the Visiting Student Program FAQ section on Knowledge Base.
Housing at CUMC
During the busy summer months, visiting students can review housing options on or near campus using Rotating Room. Housing may also be available on-campus from October through April of each year through the CUMC Housing Office.