First-Generation & Low-Income Partnership
The First-Generation and Low-Income Partnership (FLIP) is a growing community of students who identify as first-generation and low-income (FLI). Many FLI students find it difficult to navigate medical school. FLIP works to organize workshop series, social events, panel discussion, and provide mentorship opportunities that can provide FLI students with the support, knowledge, and skills they need to navigate diverse academic and professional spaces.
FLIP’s goals are to:
- Create a community among FLI identifying students
- Empower FLI students, promote well-being, and visibility
- Connect students to a supportive network of FLI peers, residents, attendings, mentors and resource persons
- Advocate for growth, recruitment, and inclusion of FLI students in the medical profession
- Mentor FLI students interested in medicine
All members of the CUMC community are invited to join us. For more information on how to get involved please email email@example.com.