SPHSP Eligibility, Application, and Selection
The 2019 Application will open on November 1st, 2018.
Note: Due to internet security settings some users report being unable to access the website. If this occurs you may need to access the application from a different computer.
- U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or U.S. National
- Students who will have completed at least two years of college at an accredited institution by the beginning of the program: Rising juniors and seniors
- Recent college graduates (after April 2018) who have not been accepted into a graduate program
- Students with an Associate degree must provide proof of acceptance into a four-year institution
- Minimum GPA of 2.7
- African American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian American, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, people with disabilities, economically disadvantaged, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Letter of Recommendation - to be submitted by an academic advisor or course instructor. Only one letter will be accepted and reviewed. The recommendation provider is asked to comment on the applicant's academic/professional potential, commitment to equity, interdisciplinary thinking and/or potential in the field of public health.
- Resume or Curriculum Vita
- Unofficial Transcript(s) - to be submitted for any college/university attended. Please note that Official Transcript(s) are only required from students who are offered acceptance to the program
- IRS 1040 or 1040A form from parent/guardian(s) - only required for students identifying as 'low-income'.
- Only complete applications are reviewed. "Complete" refers to submission of all required documents as well as completion of all fields of the online application.
- Once the application deadline has passed, a team of reviewers will begin review of all complete applications.
- The top 90 candidates are selected for a phone interview. No in-person interviews will be conducted.
- Based on the candidate's application and phone interview, 42 students will ultimately be selected to participate in the 2019 program.
Application Opens: November 1, 2018
Application Deadline: January 31, 2019, @11:59 PM EST
Phone Interviews: March 11, 2019 -March 15, 2019
Students selected for the program will be notified: March 22, 2019