Eligibility, Application, and Selection
Scholars selected for this highly competitive program are be expected to complete MedPrep 1, 2, and 3. Upon completion of the 3 phases, a composite letter of recommendation is sent to your undergraduate institution. All programs run a full day. If you are taking credit courses, working, or have demands that would require you to miss class, we suggest that you not submit an application. In addition, please note that students must also provide proof of health insurance once admitted to the program.
- Students must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents. Student Visas are not accepted. Permanent Residents are required to demonstrate proof of status by providing a copy of both sides of their Green Card.
- Students must write two (2) short essays.
- Students must provide two (2) letters of recommendation, sealed and signed, from a science and/or math professor, mailed to the office. Address is below.
- Students must provide a current official transcript which includes most recent grades. This transcript must be uploaded with the application.
- Please submit your application ONLY when complete with uploaded personal statement, transcript, and resume. Doing otherwise can delay processing and review of your application.
To be eligible for the NERA MedPrep Program at Columbia University, an applicant must:
- be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- be a resident of the five boroughs of New York City, Long Island, or Westchester county (this is a non-residential program and keep in mind that classes will start as early as 8 a.m.);
- be a college freshman OR sophomore;
- have a minimum GPA of 2.5, or equivalent academic credentials.
It is also recommended that students complete, at the least, one (1) semester of chemistry before beginning the program.
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
- Notification: Students are admitted on a rolling basis. Students must also provide proof of health insurance once admitted to the program.
- Mailing information for Columbia University Program Site:
Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons
Office of Diversity & Multicultural Affairs
Attn: NERA MedPrep
104 Haven Avenue Suite 1003
New York, NY 10032
For questions or concerns please email: email@example.com.