Award for Excellence
Celebrating Employees' Commitment to Excellence
The Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons proudly presents the annual Awards for Excellence to exceptional employees, or groups of employees, for their outstanding performance and contributions. Initiated in 2008, this award is intended to inspire all of us to strive for the very highest level of excellence by recognizing some of our truly exceptional people.
The awards will now be known as the Martha A. Hooven Awards for Excellence, in recognition of Hooven’s contributions as vice dean of administration at VP&S since 2007, when she joined Columbia from UCSF.
The 2019 winners are:
- Kara Pinaud, Vincent C. Santana Officer of Administration/Managerial Award
- Sheik Amin, Officer of Administration/Administrative Professional Award
- Stephen Sastra, Officer of Research Award
- Ana Rivas, SSA Union Member/Clerical Technical Award
- First Generation Low Income Partnership, Diversity Award
- Warren Y.K. Ng, MD, MPH, Community Service Award
Read more about the awardees via the CUIMC Newsroom story, "VP&S Honors Employees and Students with Awards for Excellence," and watch a highlights video of the awards ceremony.
Each year, the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons recognizes outstanding performance with the Awards for Excellence. Honoring individual and group achievements, the dean presents each awardee with a plaque and a $750 gift card. We will recognize one person or group in each of the following categories:
- Officer of administration
- Professional / Administrative
- Staff officer of research
- SSA Union Member
- Clerical/ Technical
- Community Service
- A member of the faculty, staff, or a VP&S-based group that provides exceptional community service
- A member of the faculty, staff, or a group within VP&S that promotes diversity
Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons is a superb place to work because so many of us put forth our best efforts every day. The level of excellence by our employees makes this one of the finest medical schools in the country.
To nominate someone for one of the Awards for Excellence, please fill out our nomination form:
For more information, contact Danielle Robbins in Human Resources 212-305-0022.