Award for Excellence
Celebrating Employees' Commitment to Excellence
Since 2008, the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons has proudly presented the annual Award for Excellence to exceptional employees, or groups of employees, for their outstanding performance and contributions. This award is intended to inspire all of us to strive for the very highest level of excellence by recognizing some of our truly exceptional people.
The 2018 winners are:
- Wendy Hernandez-Quinones, Officer of Administration/Managerial Award
- Fahmina Jafri, Officer of Administration/Administrative Professional Award
- Crystal Bussey, Officer of Research Award
- Elzbieta Dworakowski, SSA Union Member/Clerical Technical Award
- William C. Turner, MD, Diversity Award
- Jose A. Luchsinger, MD, Community Service Award
- Vincent Santana, Special Recognition Award/Posthumous
Read more about the awardees via the CUIMC Newsroom story, "Seven Employees Honored at Annual VP&S Awards Ceremony," and watch a full recording of the awards ceremony.
Each year, the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons recognizes outstanding performance with the Awards for Excellence. Honoring individual and group achievements, the dean presents each awardee with a plaque and a $750 gift card. We will recognize one person or group in each of the following categories:
- Officer of administration
- Professional / Administrative
- Staff officer of research
- SSA Union Member
- Clerical/ Technical
- Community Service
- A member of the faculty, staff, or a P&S-based group that provides exceptional community service
- A member of the faculty, staff, or a group within P&S that promotes diversity
Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons is a superb place to work because so many of us put forth our best efforts every day. The level of excellence by our employees makes this one of the finest medical schools in the country.
To nominate someone for one of the Awards for Excellence, please fill out our nomination form:
For more information, contact Danielle Robbins in Human Resources 212-305-0022.