2018-2019 Dr. Thomas Q. Morris Symposium on Medical Education
Speaker: Dr. Valerie Montgomery Rice, MD
President and Dean, Morehouse School of Medicine
For more information, see The Dean's Lecture Series
2019 Apgar Academy New Member Dinner Celebration
April 9, 2019 - The Virginia Apgar Academy for Medical Education welcomed five new medical professionals into their membership:
- Kim Hekimian, PhD - Assistant Professor of Nutrition in Pediatrics (Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition) and the Institute of Human Nutrition at Columbia University.
- Shunichi Nakagawa, MD - Assistant Professor of Medicine (CUIMC), Director of Inpatient Palliative Care Services and Director of Cardiac Supportive Care Services (NYPH)
- Allison Lee, MD - Associate Professor of Anesthesiology (CUIMC), Medical Director of Margaret Wood Center for Simulation and Education in the Department of Anesthesiology
- Prakash Satwani, MD - Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Director of Pediatric Cellular Therapy Program, Director of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/BMT Fellowship
- Aubrie Swan Sein, PhD, EdM - Director of the Center for Education Research and Evaluation (CERE)
2018 Apgar Academy New Member Dinner Celebration
The Virginia Apgar Academy for Medical Education welcomed eight new medical professionals into their membership:
- Subani Chandra, MD - Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, Assistant Vice Chair of Education for the Department of Medicine, an Associate Program Director (APD) for the Medicine Residency, and Medical Director of Critical Care Education
- Vivette D'Agati, MD - Professor of Pathology and Cell Biology, Director, Renal Pathology Laboratory
- Alyson Fox, MD - Center for Liver Disease and Transplantation. Dr. Fox is Assistant Professor of Medicine and a Transplant Hepatologist at Columbia.
- Usha Krishnan, MD - Department of Pediatric Cardiology. Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Associate Director of the Pulmonary Hypertension Center at CUMC.
- Owen Lewis, MD - Department of Psychiatry. Clinical Professor of Psychiatry
- Mary-Joan Marron-Corwin, MD, FAAP - Director of the Department of Pediatrics, Harlem Hospital Center and Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, Columbia University, and Chair of the Pediatric Department
- Cindy Roskind, MD - Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine. Assistant Professor of Pediatrics CUMC
- Helen Towers, MB, BCh, FRCPI FAAP - Department of Pediatrics. Associate Professor of Pediatrics